Fall is a beautiful season, to be sure. At the same time, a residential electrician will tell you that it’s an important time to be aware of certain things around your home. As we inch closer to winter, it’s important that you act now to take care of some electrical concerns around your home. Today, Palmetto Electrical Contractors would like to share five helpful outdoor electrical safety tips for the fall:
- Locate all electrical outdoor outlets, meters, and wiring – First, it’s important that you check up on all your outdoor electrical components. For instance, your outlets, meters, and wiring could easily be hidden under fallen leaves and branches. Locate these things and inspect them for damage.
- Rake up those leaves – Don’t ignore those piles of leaves. Clean your gutters, rake them off your lawn, and take any other necessary measures to keep them away from any electrical components.
- Properly store electrical cords – Next, don’t forget to safely store outdoor electrical cords when you’re not using them. This gives you the chance to better protect them from cold temperatures and other elements.
- Be mindful when using metal ladders and other objects – Watch out whenever you’re using a metal ladder or tool near wiring. This is especially important if you’re working on your roof or cleaning your gutters this fall. These heights put you closer to electrical wiring, which can be particularly dangerous if you’re in contact with metal objects.
- Contact an electrician for an inspection – Finally, we always recommend that you give us a call to check up on your electricity for any issues. This way you can make sure your family is safe this season.
Contact Palmetto Electrical Contractors if you need a residential electrician to service your home this fall. Call today and see how we can help you.